Tuesday 10 April 2007

#3 Dr No

I SHOULD LIKE IT, BUT…
Dr Hauschka is one of the most celebrated skincare brands in the world. Celebs, models, actresses and IT-girls alike, are eternally extolling the virtues of this biodynamic German range. But the last time I tried to ‘convert’ – and I persevered for 8 weeks on one occasion – my skin went completely crazy. I used every product recommended to me. The cleansing milk, then cleansing cream, toner, moisturiser and in the PM, the Rythmic Night Conditioner. The result?My face was flakier than a coconut snowball and spottier than it’s every been. When I quizzed the educational whiz behind the range, she told me it was because my skin was expelling a variety of toxins and would eventually settle down. Now, I might not be Gillian McKeith, but I don’t drink, smoke, eat wheat or dairy, but I do always get at least 3 to 4 pieces of fruit/veg a day & 2 litres of water, and a moderate amount of exercise. Yes, I’ve still got a penchant for chocolate and stodgy cakes, but c’mon, that shouldn’t translate into a face that was duller than John Major’s Spitting Image effigy. So maybe, just maybe, it ain’t my hard-living (as if!!) liver, but just the fact that Dr H isn’t for everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as I call myself the biggest fan of Dr. Hauschka ;-) (I confess it is more addiction!) and brought several friends to convert, I guess that you had the wrong products and too much of the products. they really activate the skin and oh, I rememeber how horrible I looked several weeks when I started using it. Now I look horrible when I use something else. I have the whole range, but I use only the tonic and the oil, sometimes mixed with cream. Sensitive skins gets too much otherwise. And some people do it better with parafinnes, that's true.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Miss Malcontent - It ain't for everyone. Infact as an owner of a beauty boutique with 30 + brands - I've come to observe it suits a very small majority. Stick to your instincts ladies