Thursday 24 July 2008

#75 By my skinny skin skin...

Ok, so I've spent three weeks trialling two different body creams - one faired well, initially, then faded into uselessness, and the other, well, the other has already been restocked and is a new favourite...


1) Garnier Bodysensitive Anti-Dryness Restorative Moisturiser - at first it feels lovely and promisingly thick. Then it is absorbed and skin feels soothed - though no more than when I've used any other creamy concoction. The problem comes after a few days - legs were still scaly, arms still bumpy. It just wasn't good enough to shift winter's leftovers or make me feel confident about returning to my short shorts and minis. In fact, even after using it for two weeks, I needed to top up my legs with body oil before going out as they weren't soft, shiny or smooth enough for my liking. It's fragrance free though, which I prefer in my body creams.

2) Yes To Carrots Body Butter for Dry Skin - seriously dodgy brand name, but seriously effective formula. After just two days the thighs were silky and arms looking better. After a week, there had been real improvement. The scent will not suit everyone - it's a mix of cocoa butter, Johnsons Baby Wipes and nappy cream - it smells clean, a bit like a just-bathed baby and slightly sweet. I love it. Best of all, it manages to be very thick and nourishing without being sticky or unctuous. Skin absorbs it well too, so you don't get that skiddy sensation that makes you feel you'll slide off your seat on the tube, which you can get with body oil...

3) On another note, prior to trialling the duo above, I was using REN's Moroccan Rose Otto Body Oil. Lovely. Great smell. But what a tiny bottle. If, like me, you moisturise twice, sometimes three, times a day, this will only last you a fortnight. Shame.

1 comment:

Gervy said...

Thanks for the tipoffs. I saw that weird carroty range at the chemists the other day and was intrigued, but too scared to buy - I must go back for the body butter.