Friday 15 May 2009

#94 Lowe Note

I have a red patch of eczema beneath my right eye, a deep score like a scratch across my chin, and a small patch of little red bumps on my neck. The cause? Dr Nick Lowe's Hydrating Foaming Cleanser. Nope, I cannot believe it either. I've been using vitamin A, in the form of Retinyl Palmitate, found in Sarah Chapman's skincare line for several months now, so my once-sensitive skin is nicely acclimated to high-grade formulas - but there is something in this foam - which I have used just twice - that is exceptionally irritating to my skin. The ingredients include vitamin A, C and E, plus fruit-acid exfoliants... whatever the bum note or the questionable combination, it has caused an extremely discordant complexion.

So, what has helped? A gentle cleanse with my beloved Spiezia Cleanser, followed by the soothing Flora Toner, and then Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin-Calming Face Mask - an indulgent coating which soothed sore patches within seconds. Once rinsed & dried I massaged Sarah Chapman's Overnight Facial into my skin, gently, tenderly, and woke up this morning in a far fairer state.

So, until things calm entirely I shall stick with what my skin knows best - Spiezia & Sarah Chapman - and once back to normal, experiment with Yon-Ka masks, boosters & scrubs (following an impressive facial last week... more to follow next post)...

I had been looking forward to trialing the entire Nick Lowe line as I have heard wonderful things about the Day Cream and the Cell Renew Dermabrasion Peel, but given this blip, I've decided that quite frankly, Lowe's a no go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've used Dr Lowe's oil range and it has done wonders for my spotty skin. shame it didn't work out for you.

Anonymous said...

The fruit acids might be what did it to you! I have similar skin, and I can't put fruit acids near my face. They work wonders on my body though - I love Kiehl's Grapefruit bodywash!